Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Ronaldo beats Ribery & Messi to Ballon d'Or

There were lots of tears as Cristiano Ronaldo scooped the Ballon d'Or for the second time in his career on Monday evening.

The Real Madrid forward batted away stiff competition from treble-winning Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery and Barcelona talisman Lionel Messi, who has already won the prize four times.

"First of all I have to say a great thanks to all of my team-mates with the club and the national team," said an overjoyed Ronaldo.

"Without all of their efforts this would not have been possible. I am very happy, it is very difficult to win this award.

"Everybody that has been involved with me on a personal level I have to thank. My wife, my friends, my son. It is a tremendously emotional moment. All I can say is thank you to everybody that has been involved."
Tuesday, 14 January 2014 12:00

No comments :