Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Sour grapes for Nasri

Samir Nasri further endeared himself to Arsenal fans prior to Manchester City's Community Shield clash with the Gunners on Sunday.

"I just think the abuse I get is stupid," he said. "I'm not an Arsenal fan, I am not from London. To be honest we are players and we are just looking at what are the best interests for us and our careers.

"When Manchester City came for me it was the best choice to come here. Since coming to City I have won ­trophies and I have a better life so I am really happy about everything.

"If the fans can't move on it's too bad. I am not trying to have a problem with that. They do what they have to do and they love their club.

"They see that as a treason or that I betrayed them but it's not that."

Nasri was met with boos from the Arsenal faithful at Wembley and it was the Gunners who had the last laugh, coming out on top with a comfortable 3-0 win.
Monday, August 11, 2014 12:00

No comments :