Saturday, September 20, 2014

Benzema not affected by Madrid boos

Karim Benzema insists he is not affected by the jeers directed his way from Real Madrid fans.

The France international has been criticised for his early-season form but maintains that even the greatest players in Madrid's history have felt the wrath of the club's supporters.

"I am at a big club and there is always a lot expected of me. I am a Real Madrid striker and that means I have to score in every game. That’s the way it is," Benzema said.

"I was booed last season. Iker Casillas has been booed. All of the great players who have played for Madrid have been booed: Ronaldo, [Zinedine] Zidane...

"For me it’s not a problem. I will continue to work hard to change the situation."
Friday, 19 September 2014 15:00

No comments :